Adjust Email retention times 5
If you have ever noticed that some of your older emails just seem to disappear from the Email app on your TouchPad or on webOS phones, it may be due to the sync preferences that you have set for that email account. By default, emails are only kept for 7 days, but you can adjust that to keep emails for 1 day, 3 days, 7 days, 2 weeks, 1 month, or All.
To adjust this setting:
- Open the Email app
- Swipe down from the top-left to bring down the Email application drop-down
- Select "Preferences & Accounts"
- Scroll down to the "ACCOUNTS" section and tap on the account you want to update
- In the "SYNC CRITERIA" section, there is an option for "SHOW EMAIL" that you can adjust the email retention time frame.
- Swipe back (on phones) or tap "Done" (on the TouchPad) to return to Email Preferences, where you can select any other accounts to update
Note that there are some patches available to provide additional time frames if the provided ones do not meet your needs.
Thanks Wade Dickinson & thumb23 for asking about this in the comments of a previous tip