Bookmark File Manager folders 5
If you want to do any sort of file management on your webOS device, you will need to connect your device to a computer and access the USB drive mode, or you can use use a good File Manager app. There are quite a few great apps available, including Internalz or InternalPro by Jason Robitaille, Gemini File Manager by OMA Studios, or File Explorer and Archive Manager by pcworldSoftware. While each of these apps have their own unique benefits, one feature found in Internalz/InternalzPro and Gemini is the ability to bookmark those folders that you use most often for quick access.
To set a folder bookmark in Internalz or InternalzPro
- Find a folder that you want to add as a bookmark
- Press-and-hold on that folder until a pop-up menu appears and select "Info"
- On the top-right corner of the screen, tap on to set this as a favorite. The star will turn to to indicate it has been set.
- Swipe-back on phones or Swipe-down from the top-left to access the dropdown menu and select "Back" to go back to the file manager.
- While in the file manager, just tap on the on the top-left of the screen to view your entire list of bookmarked folders (called "Favorites" in the app). Tap on the folder you want to navigate there
- You can remove a bookmark by repeating the steps above, or just swipe-to-delete the folder from the "Favorites" page.
- Note that in Internalz and Internalz Pro, you can also bookmark files in additional to folders
To set a folder bookmark in Gemini (TouchPad only):
- Navigate to the folder that you want to add as a bookmark
- Tap the icon below the folder tree and tap the "+ Add" option from the pop-up
- Add a name for the bookmark in a pop-up dialog box, as this will be how you can tell all your bookmarks apart. Tap the "Add" button when complete
- To access the bookmarks, tap the icon again and you will see a list of all your bookmarks.
- Unfortunately, you are not able to delete individual bookmarks, but you can reset them all by going to the Settings tab on the top-left of the screen and tapping the "Delete All Bookmarks" button