Bypass Activation [webOS 2.x]
This tip is only for devices running webOS 2.x
When you activate a webOS 2.0 device, the first thing the phone does is search for a cellular signal or SIM card (for GSM phones). Even if you have an active Wi-Fi connection, if it is not an active device on your cellular account you will not be able to do much more than just turn the phone on. If your device is a GSM device and you have a friend with an active SIM card you can borrow, you should see if you could borrow it to activate your device and then take the SIM card out. If not, the good news is that unlike in webOS 1.x, you no longer need to download a program and connect your device to a computer to bypass activation in webOS 2.x. HP/Palm added in functionality so all you need to do is type in a code into the dialpad using the keyboard from the Device Activation Screen. For GSM devices, type #*DEVMODE# (#*3386633#) into the dialpad and then press the "call" button. For CDMA devices, type ##DEVMODE# (there is no need to press the silver/Option key to access the symbols, and once you type #* or ## into the physical keyboard, the dialpad will automatically appear). The Developer Mode app will load up. Just turn it on and your phone will reboot into a bypassed activation mode.
Unfortunately, the limitations described in our Bypass Activation for webOS 1.x phones still applies for webOS 2.x phones. But we do have a few ways to get around this issue, although the end result will differ slightly if you have a GSM or CDMA device. Once again, you are better off borrowing a SIM card to activate your GSM device if that is available to you.
Just like in our 1.x tip, once your device reboots, you will need to plug your device into a computer, select "Just Charge" and load up webOS Quick Install. Then follow the following steps after the break.
- Log on to a Wi-Fi network
- Install Impostah from the app feeds in webOS Quick Install
- Open Impostah, and select the "Activation" button.
- Choose your country and language, and then either enter your existing Profile email address and Password and select "Log in To Profile" or provide a new address and password and "Create Profile"
- You should get a confirmation of success that your profile has been activated on that device.
- You are now logged in to your profile and have full access to the App catalog.
However, just as when you log in to a bypassed device on webOS 1.x, your apps and Profile-related data will not automatically redownload. If you have a CDMA device (this won't for for GSM devices) you can get around this using Impostah one more time.
- Go back to the main Impostah screen and select "Palm Profile"
- From within the "Palm Profile" section, choose "Reset Palm Profile". Accept all the warnings and proceed with the deletion.
- This will perform the equivalent of "Erase Apps and Data", except that it will maintain your Wi-Fi connection.
- Your device will reboot back to the Profile Activation screen. However, you should still be connected to the Wi-Fi network
- Log in to your profile, just as you normally would. If you get an error saying that it can not access the profile, try a few times (I had to try 3 times before my phone worked)
Once you complete the activation steps and enter your synergy account passwords, your device will load up as if it was activated with a cellular account. Apps will be redownloaded, profile data will be restored, and the App Catalog will be available to you