Customize Compose Email view options with Email Mega Mix patch 118
The email app on your webOS smartphone does not offer you a lot of options on how to customize it to your liking, with your only options available are to set your notification sound, set an email signature or reply-to address, adjust your sync and retention timeframe, or choose your default mail folders. However, thanks to the webOS homebrew community you now have some additional ways to adjust your email app experience. Homebrew developers Momouton and anseld1986 have released the Email Mega Mix as a Tweaks-enabled patch that took many of the best email-related patches available and then improved on it even further.
While there are a variety of enhancements available in this patch, one section that you may find useful is the "Compose View Options." In this section, you can adjust six different tweaks for when you are writing or replying to an email. Three of the tweaks allow you to display or remove buttons on your email, while the other three will give you a pop-up confirmation screen depending on the action you want to perform. To activate any of these, just install the Email mega Mix patch (available in Preware or webOS Quick install) and then open up the Tweaks app on your device. Navigate to the Email section and find the "COMPOSE VIEW OPTIONS." Choose any or all of the following:
- Display Priority Button: Add a "!" button to toggle the importance level of the email, thereby marking it as "urgent" to the message receiver
- Display Discard Draft Button: Add a "trash can" button to quickly discard the current email, instead of having to needing to swipe down from the top-left corner to bring up the Email Application drop-down menu and select "Discard Message" or using the Meta-tap D shortcut
- Display Save Draft Button: Add a save button (it looks like an old school floppy disk) to save the current email draft. This just saves the current progress while still leaving the email up for editing
- Require Send Confirmation: Add a confirmation pop-up after you hit the "send" button to confirm that you would really like to send the email
- Require Save Confirmation: Used in conjunction with the "Display Save Draft Button" above, you can add a confirmation pop-up asking if you would like to save the draft.
- Require Discard Confirmation: Used in conjunction with the "Display Discard Draft Button" above, you can add a confirmation pop-up asking if you would like to discard the email when you tap the trash button.
Once you toggle any of these tweaks, you will need to close and then re-open the Email app for them to take effect. There is no need to restart the whole phone.