Edit music playlist [webOS 3.x] 2
This tip is only for devices running webOS 3.0 or higher
While the stock music player for webOS phones or the TouchPad has never been as fully featured as third-party alternatives, such as Music Player (Remix), the Enyo-coded stock Music Player update on the TouchPad did provide some nice upgrades as compared to the previous phone version. One of those features was the ability to create a music playlist right on the fly directly on the TouchPad. Unfortunately, due to a limitation in Enyo that did not allow you to press-and-hold on a list item to rearrange, you are not able to easily rearrange your playlist once it was created, but you do have the ability to edit some features of that playlist
To edit the playlist
- Open up the Music Player app on your TouchPad
- Tap on the playlist name on the left side of the screen you want to edit
- You should see a icon on the top-right of the screen. Tap it.
- You can then perform of the the following three actions:
- Delete songs: Tap on the "X" icons on the right on the screen for all songs you want to delete. Then tap on the "Done" button and confirm the deletions in the pop-up menu that follows.
- Rename Playlist: Tap on the playlist name on the top of the screen (in the blue area) and then type in your new name. Tap "Done". You will actually get the same "Delete the selected songs?" prompt as above, even if you didn't choose to delete any songs. You have to select "Delete" to confirm the rename, again even if you didn't delete any songs
- Delete Playlist: Tap the "Delete Playlist" button on the bottom-right of the screen and then confirm the deletion in the pop-up that follows.