Edit Preware blacklist 2
On this third birthday of WebOS Internals' homebrew app Preware, we found it fitting that we give you a Preware-related tip today. Preware is a amazing app that will allow you to search for and install patches, apps, themes and more, and when combined with App Tuckerbox you can access the official webOS App Catalog to expand it even further. Even though the app catalog may only be a fraction the size of its competitors, there is still a lot of junk in there that will diminish your browsing experience. Luckily, Preware has a "blacklist" functionality that will prevent those packages from showing up that can be set based on the title, maintainer (developer), package id, app description or category of the package.
To add or edit your blacklist:
- Open up Preware
- Swipe down from the top-left to view the Application dropdown menu and select "Preferences"
- Scroll to the bottom of the preferences screen to the BLACKLIST section and tap the "+ Add" row to add a new entry
On the Add Blacklist screen, there are 2 fields that you need to fill out:
- "FIELD" determines how what to "search in" to indentify the blacklisted packages
- "SEARCH FOR" determines the value that you want to search for.
- For example, to remove any app by "Applible LLC", you can choose Field = Maintainer and Search For = "Appible", or you choose to search "Package Id" for "com.appible"
- When done, tap the green "Save" button.
- Back on the preferences screen, swipe-back on a webOS phones or scroll back to the top of the screen on the TouchPad and tap the back arrow on the top-left of the screen
- Go back to the main Preware homepage and you should get a pop-up asking you to reload the package list. Choose "Do It Now" to reload the feeds
From here on out, any package that meets the blacklist criteria above will no longer show anywhere in Preware. If you ever need to edit or delete the blacklist, go back to the preferences screen and either tap on the entry to edit it, or swipe-to-delete it from the screen and confirm the deletion. Be sure to always refresh the feeds any time you make a change to the blacklist