How to move icons around your Launcher and Quick Launch Bar 19
Moving icons on your Palm Pre is a great way to personalize your device and make it more useful for you. I know a bunch of others with a Palm Pre or Pixi, and I was amazed at how many of them didn't realize this was possible or how to do it. Let's take a quick look at how to rearrange your icons.
How to Rearrange Launcher Icons
- In a Launcher page, tap and hold an icon.
- Once you see a “halo” appear around the icon, simply drag it to another location. You will see the remaining icons adjust to accommodate the new position
- Note: To move the icon to another page, drag the icon to the left or right edge of the screen and hold it there for a few seconds for the page to change
Screenshot from the Sprint Palm Pre User Manual
How to Rearrange your Quick Launch Icons
Although Palm preloads 4 icons (plus the launcher icon all the way on the right) on your Quick Launcher, that doesn’t mean you need to keep those. In fact, replacing your icons on the Quick Launch is just as easy as moving icons around the launcher.
- Before you can add a new icon to the Quick Launch Bar, you must move an icon off of it first. Start by opening up the Launcher.
- Tap and hold the icon that you want to remove from the Quick Launch Bar.
- Once you see a “halo” appear around the icon, simply drag it up onto a launcher page. You will see that the Quick Launch Bar will readjust the remaining icons to accommodate one less icon.
- Within your Launcher Pages, find the icon you want to add to the Quick Launch Bar, tap and hold the icon until the “halo” appears, and then drag that down into the Quick Launch Bar.