HP lists TouchPad on Amazon (but not for preorder)
HP has taken one more step toward actually selling the TouchPad to customers: it has listed it on Amazon.com. Although the TouchPad shows as "currently not available," and there's no pricing either, the page allows Amazon customers to request an e-mail alert when it is available, and (more importantly for those of you with summer birthdays or anniversaries) add it to your Wish List.
From the specifications on the page, this is the Wi-Fi version, which has already been announced as the first to hit the market:
- 9.7” (1024x768) Touch Screen Display; 1.6lbs; 13.6mm thick
- HP webOS Mobile Operating System; Dual Core 1.2 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon Processor; 1 GB RAM
- 16GB/32GB Storage; Wireless 802.11bgn; Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR; Flash support
- 1.3 MP Front-facing Camera – video chatting capability; HP Beats Audio Technology
- Accessories: TouchPad stand and Bluetooth keyboard
Oddly, it also lists two USB ports, which is probably a typo, since everything HP has announced indicates that the TouchPad has a single microUSB port.
Warm up your credit cards, folks; it may not be fast enough to suit the faithful, but it does really look like we'll be able to buy the TouchPad in the near-ish future.
Source: Amazon.com; Thanks to leacassandra for the tip!