Pair a webOS phone with the TouchPad 21
One of the great features for owners of both the TouchPad and a webOS phones is the incredibly easy way to pair the devices together in order to use the TouchPad as a Bluetooth receiver to make/receive phone calls on your tablet. In addition, the TouchPad will also be able to send/receive SMS messages from a Pre2 or Veer (after a future OTA software update for both devices) and all future webOS phones.
To pair a webOS phone with your Tablet:
- Open up the Bluetooth app on your webOS phone and make sure Bluetooth is turned on
- Open up the Bluetooth app on your TouchPad
- You may see options in the Phone & Video Calls or Messaging apps to connect a phone, as well. Those options will just open the Bluetooth App to facilitate the pairing of the devices.
- On the TouchPad, press the "+ Add Device" button
- Change the "TYPE" to "webOS Phone"
- After a few seconds, the TouchPad should find your phone. Tap on it
- If you see multiple phones and not sure which one is yours, open up the "Device Info" app on your phone and look at the "NAME" of your device at the top. This is the phone that you want to choose
- You may get a pop-up on the phone and/or TouchPad asking to allow the devices to connect. Allow access!
Once you return to the Bluetooth app, you should see your device added to the list of "DEVICES", with an "i" icon towards the right. Tapping on that icon will bring up another screen allowing you to set options on how you want the TouchPad and Phone to interact with each other, including auto connecting to the phone and determine if the TouchPad should receive either Phone Calls for SMS Messages from your phone.
While the phone and TouchPad should automatically connect in the future, if you notice that there are times wherethe Bluetooth connection is not active. First make sure that Bluetooth is turned on on both devices, and then swipe-down from top-right of the TouchPad to bring down the Connections Menu, tap "Bluetooth" and the tap on your phone to connect