Reboot your phone
Restarting your device is sometimes necessary if your phone locks up on you or you just want to clean out the memory of your phone. There are quite a few ways to do this, using either the hardware and/or the touchscreen:
- Press-and-hold the Power button for 5-7 seconds until the on-screen options appear, then select “Power” then “Restart”
- Press the Option (Orange/Silver), SYM and R keys at the same time
- Press-and-hold the Power Button and then slide the ringer-switch back-and-forth three times
- Open the Device Info app ( ), scroll down to the bottom of the screen, select “Reset Options” and then “Restart”
- Some apps (such as Homebrew apps Reset Button and dg Quick Cuts) allow you to create launcher icons for quick restarts
- You can also just pull the battery, of course, but it's slightly better to try one of the above options first.