Fit a Mojo app to the entire Pre3 screen 18
Due to the resolution differences between the Pre3 and all other Pre phones, you may often see a black or flickering bar on the bottom of the Pre3's screen that appears where the notification dashboard would be, even if there are no dashboard icons shown. If you are a Pre3 owner and user of an app such as the twitter app Carbon for webOS or the homebrew Internalz Pro, you have probably noticed this before. While we are hoping for updates to some apps to fix this issue, some developers may no longer be supporting their apps and we may never see a fix. However, you can try to make the update yourself using the text editor within the homebrew file manager app Internalz Pro to see if the directoins below will fix the app (your milage may vary, as this is not guaranteed to work with all apps). Also note that the fix below only affects Mojo and hybrid apps, so this fix will not work on PDK apps (like Angry Birds).
- Determine the App ID of the application you need to update. The easiest way to do this is to load up Prehware, search for the app, and find the App ID on the app's description page
- Open up Internalz Pro and navigate to /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/[APP ID]
- Find the index.html file, tap on it, and select "Open" to open up the text editor.
- Towards the top of the file, find the first "html" tag
Directly after that, insert a new line and put this text in there:
- Swipe down from the top-left to reveal the Application dropdown menu and select "Save File".
- Close the file
The next time you open that app, the black or flickering bar on the bottom should be gone. Note that if the app does receive an update in the future, but this fix was not included, you may need to add this back in.