Reordering email accounts [webOS 3.x]
This tip is only for devices running webOS 3.x
The order of the email accounts listed in the email app is determined by the order that you add them to the app. While you have been able to reorder those email accounts since the original days of webOS and only needed to add a slight tweak to get it to work on webOS 2.x, this will not work in webOS 3.x on the TouchPad since Enyo does not currently support the ability to press-and-hold to rearrange lists. As a result, the only way to reorder your email accounts is to remove them and re-add them in the proper order.
To accomplish this:
- Take a look at the left-most sliding pane in the Email app, that shows the current order of your accounts and figure out the order that you want them to be listed.
- Leave the Email app and open up the Accounts app.
- Since the email account list appears to be sorted based on the order the Synergy Accounts was added (not just the email account), you will need to remove that entire account and all associated synergy services. To do this, find that account again in the Accounts app, tap on it, select "Remove Account" and then confirm the removal. Make sure you make a note of which synergy services that account is set up to use.
- Keep deleting accounts as needed.
- Go back to the Email app, swipe-down in the top-left corner of the screen to bring up the Email Menu, and select “Preferences and Accounts”
- Under the “ACCOUNTS” listing, select "Add Account".
- According to the order that you want to sort your email accounts, select the appropriate email account type, enter your credentials, and then select you will see each of your synergy services that you use this account for.
- Keep adding accounts as needed.
- Once completed, you unfortunately may need to go through each Email account and any associated synergy services (e.g. calendar, messaging, etc). and set any preferences that you had previously setup for that account prior to the removal
Here's hoping that Enyo will one day support press-and-hold to rearrange lists and this workaround will no longer be necessary.
Note, the directions below were originally included in this tip but turned out to be incorrect. Refer to the instructions above
Take a look at the left-most sliding pane in the Email app, that shows the current order of your accounts and figure out the order that you want them to be listed.
From any screen within the Email App, swipe-down in the top-left corner of the screen to bring up the Email Menu, and select “Preferences and Accounts”
Under the “ACCOUNTS” listing, you will see each of your Email Accounts. Tap on any account that you need to remove and then re-add to the bottom of your account listing
Scroll to the bottom of that specific Account Settings page and choose "Remove Account". You will then need to confirm the removal
This will bring you back to the Preferences and Accounts page. Once you are done deleting your email accounts, leave the Email app and open up the Accounts app
As long as you just removed the Email account from the Email app, you can then just find that account again in the Accounts app, select it, toggle "email" to ON and then press the Back button to start a sync of the account . You don't need to reinput your login credentials since you never completely deleted it from your Synergy accounts
Keep adding accounts until you have them in the order that you would like
Once completed, you unfortunately may need to go back to the Email account and set any preferences that you had previously setup for that account prior to the removal