Set an Alarm 2
If you need to set an alarm on your smartphone, there are quite a few ways to accomplish this task. You can create a calendar entry at the time you need the alarm to go off, you can use third party apps like Power Nap, or you can just use the built-in functionality on webOS to create an alarm through the Clock app. While this is available on both webOS phones and the TouchPad, the steps are slightly different between the two types of hardware. But overall, the process is relatively the same. To set an alarm on your device:
- Open the "Clock" app on the device.
- Tap the icon on the bottom of the screen to switch to alarm view. On phones, you may need to tap the screen one time for this to become visible
- Type the "New Alarm" button on the TouchPad or the + button on the bottom-left of the screen on phones to view the "Alarm Preferences" screen to create a new alarm
- Edit the alarm details, including the alarm name, frequency, time, and ringtone sound, as well indicating if you want this alarm to be enabled by default. If you select Enabled = OFF, it will still create the alarm but you will need to turn it on in the future.
- Once done, tap the "Done" button on the TouchPad or swipe-back on phones to save the alarm
Your alarm will be added to a listing of available alarms. If this if your first time creating an alarm, it will obviously be the only one there. But you can add multiple alarms and then flip the ON/OFF switch as necessary to activate or deactivate it or tap on any alarm to edit it. If you want to delete the alarm, simple swipe-to-delete the alarm and then confirm the deletion.
Be aware that the alarm will use the volume setting in the Sound & Ringtones app. So, be sure to set the volume at an appropriate level to ensure you hear the alarm when it goes off. There is also a setting available in the Clock app that will allow you to either use or bypass mute switch on phones or the mute option on the TouchPad, so the alarm will still sound even if the system sounds are muted. To access this setting, swipe-down from the top-left of the screen while in the Clock app and choose "Preferences" from the dropdown menu. Be sure that the "Ringer switch off" option on phones or the "When Sounds is Muted" option on the TouchPad is set how you want it.