Set up App Catalog carrier billing [webOS 2.1+]
This tip is only for devices running webOS 2.1 or higher
In order to purchase apps from the App Catalog, you need to add a valid Visa or Mastercard to your profile. That is, unless your mobile carrier also has set up a payment process with HP to allow for carrier billing of apps as well (currently, this includes only AT&T).
To set up carrier billing:
- Open up the the App Catalog on your phone, swipe down from the top-left to display the Application dropdown menu, and select "Preferences & Accounts"
- If you are unable to select "Preferences & Accounts", review this tip to learn how you can unlock this option
- If you have not already set up Carrier billing, there should be an "+ Add Account" option under "CARRIER ACCOUNT" on your preferences screen that you should tap
- Select the state that you reside in and optionally update the email address that you want the receipts of your App Catalog purchases to be sent to and then tap "Continue"
- This will take you back to your Preferences & Accounts screen with a new "Default Payment Method" method section added at the top of the page. From here, select either Credit Card or Carrier Account as the payment method of apps