Set Internalz Pro as your default Text Editor
Although all webOS devices have a built it Memo app, it wasn't until the TouchPad that any of them had a built in app (Quick Office HD) to actual edit local text files. Not willing to let this oversight stand, prolific developer (and soon-to-be Enyo intern) Jason Robitaille decided that he would build his own text editor into his Internalz Pro file manager homebrew app. With Internalz Pro, you can now open up any type of text file (not just .txt files, but any plain text file) right on the device, even choosing if you want the text file to have Windows, Mac OS X or OS 9, or Linux line endings. However, this text editor may not be activate by default, so follow the steps below to set up Internalz Pro as your default text editor:
- Ensure Internalz Pro is installed, using any valid homebrew method
- Open Internalz Pro, swipe-down from the top-left and select "Preferences" from the Application dropdown menu
- Scroll down to the "TEXT EDITOR" section and ensure that the "Register as file handler" is set to ON
- Make any additional settings updates, as required, based on how you want to use the text editor
- Swipe-down from the top-left and select "Close" to return to Internalz Pro (you can also swipe back on webOS phones)
- Now you need to update the Default Applications for your device by opening up the "Device Info" app, swiping down from the top-left corner of the screen to bring up the Application dropdown menu and select "Default Applications"
- Scroll down to find a file type that has Quick Office shown in black text (as opposed to gray), and then choose Internalz Pro.
- Swipe-back on phones or tap the "Back" button on the TouchPad to return to Default Applications listing
- Repeat for all text file types
- The next time you try to open any text file, it should now open up in the Internalz Pro text editor.
Note that you can also follow these similar steps to set up Internalz Pro to be the default applications for images or IPK files, as long as the "Register as file handler" is set to ON in their respective section of the Internalz Pro preferences page.