Subscribe to an authenticed podcast in drPodder/podFrency/GuttenPodder
If you are a webOS user and a podcast listener, chances are you are using drPodder (or podFrency or GuttenPodder, the open source updates to drPodder) to listen to your podcasts. In most cases, all you need is a podcast feed's URL address and you can add it within seconds. If you subscribe to a premium podcast that requires a username and password login, though, you may think that you are out of luck since there are no input fields for these in the Add Podcast Feed screen. Luckily, this is not the case.
To add a premium podcast that requires authentication:
- Open drPodder, podFrency or GuttenPodder
- Tap the icon on the bottom left and select "Enter feed URL..."
- Type in the podcast's URL
- Swipe-down from the top-left corner to access the Application dropdown menu and select "Authentication". This will add Username and Password fields below the URL field
- Complete the rest of the form and then either swipe back or tap the "Save Changes" button