Tip Roundup: webOS phone-based tips that work on the TouchPad, part 3 2
While many owners of the TouchPad have been long-time webOS phones owners, many are being introduced to the operating system in webOS 3.0. In the last two years since debuting with webOS 1.0.1 on the Palm Pre, lots of functionally has been built into the phone-based version of the OS that has continued onto the TouchPad. In this series of Tip Roundups, we will revisit many of those old tips for all you new TouchPad owners (and as a refreshing to our long time webOS users). In case you missed our previous editions of the Phone/TouchPad Tip Roundup, you can check it out here (Part 1, Part 2)
Keep in mind that while the functionality of these tips remains the same, the screenshots and descriptions may not match up perfectly when comparing phones with a physical keyboard to the tablet. Keep reading after the break for your third PreCentral Tips review lesson.
- Move calendar entries between accounts
- Although you may have created a calendar entry within one webOS Synergy account (e.g. webOS Palm Profile, Google Calendar, etc), you may decide that you want to move it to a different calendar account or even just a different Google Calendar. Simply "edit" the Calendar account and select your desired account
- Check for Application Updates
- Although webOS will eventually prompt you when application updates are available, you can also manually check for updates with the Software Manager app
- Activate Exhibition mode without a touchstone
- Don't have a Touchstone charger, but still want to partake in all the Exhibition fun? This tip's for you!
- Using Text Assist (Autocorrect)
- Change your email signature
- Don't like the "sent from my HP Touchpad" email signature that comes preset on your email accounts? Learn how to change it here.
- Enable Delete Confirmation for emails [webOS 2.x]
- While there are options to simply tap the delete icon to delete an email or utilize the ability to delete multiple emails at once, you can still swipe to delete an email from the middle email pane. This tip will show you how to endable or disable the ability to require a confirmation for the deletion.