Toggle voice and data roaming
If you are in an area where you do not get good service from your carrier, you have the ability to roam on other carrier's networks for both voice and data. Depending on your level of service, roaming might be included in your monthly bill (e.g. Sprint gets "unlimited" roaming included) or it might be an extra charge, so be careful about how you set your Roaming options. To toggle these options:
- Open up the Phone app ( ), swipe down from the top-left corner to bring up the Phone application drop-down and select "Preferences". A new card will open with your Phone preferences options
- Scroll down to the "NETWORK" section
- To toggle Voice roaming, tap the "VOICE NETWORK" line and choose between "Carrier Only" or "Automatic".
- If you select "Automatic" for voice, you then get an option for "DATA ROAMING" where you can either be "Enabled" or "Disabled" data roaming
- Note that you can also turn off your Data Usage entirely here, if you are trying to conserve your plan's data allowance.
Thanks to brendu for suggesting this tip