Undocumented webOS 1.3.1 Features 128
In addition to the slew of enhancements in webOS 1.3.1 that are in the official Palm documentation, enterprising users in the forums have been picking through the newest release of the software, and are finding the minutiae of the changes and enhancements that didn't make it into Palm's change log. Here's some of what they've found:
- The browser now actually scores on the acid3 benchmarking test, getting a whopping 77, up from its previous score of zero.
- The Web browser preferences screen now has an option to use a different default search engine, though Google is currently the only option.
- International dialing options are now in phone preferences
- A new animation is displayed when the phone is powering down.
- Screen captures are only saved in the PNG format, as opposed to saving as both PNG and JPG.
- Layout of UI elements in Photos app has changed, and now appear at the bottom of the screen
- The Photos app is much snappier in general.
- New Sprint TV interface.
- Delete all option available in trash folder in email
- WebOS 1.3.1 has laid the groundwork for video recording by including the Linux binaries needed to record video that is compatible with the stock media player
These are the undocumented changes we've seen so far, and there are sure to be more that we've yet to find. We'll keep you updated as they come to our attention!
Thanks to everyone who sent this in!