News in v0.0.7:
- Totally new image handling. Images are converted to base64 strings. Ready for html5 storage features for next releases. No more missing images in history after 10 minutes of reading
- Fixed bug with enormous data usage, improved data usage efficiency
- Fixed the random annoying scrolling to up
- New consistent data usage counter
- "Full" fullscreen (hides the system top bar)
- New button in Settings for reseting data usage counter
- New thin blue progressbar, it shows images loading progress
- Some other minor bugfixes and enhancements
wInNeR - WebOS Intelligent News Reader
This application is simple web reader, focused to every day mobile web news reading and decreasing data usage. The core is something like wrapper around Google mobile proxy and thus the web pages are without scripts, with compressed images. The app caches whole html page and offer very fast navigation to back or forward. The other advantage is ability to change font size on the fly, without touch to viewport! The app contains other intelligent features, like autoscroll to desired article on the new loaded page; browsing without images and shows them only after tap to "picture".
The app is written in Enyo 2 (openWebOS ready) framework with some webOS legacy features. The Enyo 2 is bundled with the app and it may work on any webOS device. If you like this application, you can consider donation to my homebrew Google Maps development.
MIT License Open Source - Learn More
Discussion, Changelog, and Support
Discuss this app, get support, and read the changelog for wInNeR in the Official Forum thread